On 12 Oct 2016 Honor launched its flagship phone Honor 8 in Indian market with a big launching party.
The phone was initially launched in International market in July 2016. Now these things have been already discussed and since I’m not a Tech-Guy so lets come to my part i.e. Marketing. So I have a done a small SWOT analysis on Honor8 and somewhat Honor Brand too.
– Honor is backed up a big Techno Company we all know Huawei, and many of you don’t know Huawei holds 3rd place when it comes in market share of Smartphones.
– Honor 8 comes with some of the unique features you would have ever seen in other phones such as :
o Slick body of the Honor 8 is made with heavy 2.5D glass on front screen and back surface, finished aluminum alloy, and ultra-narrow bezel design.
o 15 layer craftsmanship and light catching glass finish
o Dual camera
o Hybrid Autofocus Sensor
o NFC and latest figure print sensor
o Further details can be found here: https://store.hihonor.com/in/honor-8 you can purchase the devise from here too
– The device comes in a handy price of Rs .29999 which is good for the features this phone is providing. Earlier posts on this community by experts prove that Honor 8 is better than than its riva such as OP3, Iphone, Samsung S7
– Basically the phone’s strength is its unique feature.
– Recent setup of production house at Chennai will boost its sale as apart of #MakeInIndia concept.
– Strong Online community forum support.
– Frequent contests and offers to promote Brand.
– Unique EMUI
– Single Slot Nano-sim (Boom where did that came from, when people will be spending 30k and won’t get dual SIM, they will definitely think twice as almost every phone be it feature or smartphone comes with dual SIM concept.)
– The size of screen is 5.2” which has been followed from likes of Honor 5C, Honor 7.
– Honor brand lacks in field of advertisement and that is the reason many people still don’t recognize honor. (We saw just one print media advt. of Honor7, before that no advt. for any handset wasn’t done. However Company has started TV ads, newspaper ads, etc this time to promote Honor 8. Hope that it continues.
– Availability on online stores and very less offline presence. (Still many people hesitate from purchasing electronic goods online, they will compare/see features online but buy offline and here honor get a set-back as it is not easily available offline in stores.
– Honor brand is launching its models rapidly as it was last year Honor 4x was launched then came 5x, Honor5c and then Honor7, Holly Plus2 now Honor 8 and Holly 3. Its good but every Phone should get time to establish itself in the market. As everyone will not purchase 20k-30k phone but many go for 10k-15k phones so Honor needs to keep highlighting its small budgets phone too in regular interval.
– Lack of updates for old models like Honor 4c and 4x still waiting for EMUI 4.1 confirmation. Honor 4x still waiting for VOLTE confirmation.
– Retail option is still open for Honor and it is flourishing like fire, we can take example of VIVO and Oppo within short span of time they have gained lot attention as they have offline presence also.
– Celebrity endorsement
– Its Festival season try to in-cash this period
– Go for regular paper ads, Hoardings in town, sponsorship etc.
– The unique features of Honor8 as mentioned have made it superior in case of Smartphone market, Company should in-cash this moment and promote Honor brand to get Market recognition which it still lacks.
– Honor’s competitor brand Mi is coming up with dual camera feature, and there is no doubt I has more market recognition than Honor and so it may outcast Honor.
– Indian boycotting Chinese products.
– Some angry fans posting bad against Honor on social platform doing poor mouth publicity, their grievance should be handled or they should be banned.
– Abhinav Sinha
ICFAI University Jharkhand, India